8.02.2013

Golden Illusions

   

What I'm Wearing: Prabal Gurung for Target shirt (tucked in dress)Thrifted high waisted denim shorts, Forever21 gold necklaces, BeyondTheRack gold sneakers 

IN A HUGE CONTRAST TO LAST SEASON, this summer has inspired me to the extreme. Whether you're exploring the city or sitting around the pool enjoying a cold drink, inspiration is everywhere. Summer really brings out the best in nature and people. Luckily for me, I'll be heading to NYC in the span of a couple of days, and everyone knows that NYC is Toronto's inspiration on steroids. Hopefully I'll be able to pick up a few rad things for back to school and really enjoy myself as summer comes to its end. I'll probably cry when September hits. When I hear the word school, all I really apprehend is stress. But hey, you gotta do what you gotta do! To my advantage, I am in an arts based program, so I get to immerse myself in a curriculum that interests me. It's the math part guys, I'll admit it. 
In terms of the outfit, I've really been digging gold accents and accessories  They seem to compliment my skin tone well and the sunny atmosphere we are currently in. I've also been adoring the print on this t-shirt I am wearing- doesn't it scream summer? I'll definitely be digging this baby out in the winter, you know, for remembrance. 
Anyways, I've been taking on a rather exciting project for the last couple of days. I'm creating my own t-shirt from scratch. If you look back at my old blog posts you'll actually see the dress I constructed at FIT. I fell in love with it. Unfortunately, I didn't continue with any sewing practices post that dresses creation. Given that, I'm starting to get back on my feet again by making a simple printed cropped t-shirt. I think it'll look great with a pair of high waisted shorts or my disco pants. Wish me luck. I hope everyone is being productive and having an enjoyable summer. Look forward to a Back To School fashion post and Youtube video in the next month. 


XOXO,

Tianna 

17 comments:

  1. love love love this outfit! that top is so colourful and cool, and you did a great job at styling with the shoes and necklace!
    omg so jelly your going to nyc! make sure you take lots of photos to share!

    x

    ♥ Ellen
    SHOPSTYLECONQUER.COM
    Facebook + Instagram

    ReplyDelete
  2. Loving the gold! And school? Forget the math... the arts is where it's at anyway!
    AHKA VINTAGE BLOG
    Sign up for special AHKA store priviledges

    ReplyDelete
  3. i really love the sneakers :)

    skinmonster.blogspot.mx

    ReplyDelete
  4. beautiful outfit <3 your blog is very lovely and interesting. im glad if you visit my blog, too <3 keep in touch!

    xx
    beauthi.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the top! It looks really pretty on you and with the shorts and the sneakers you made a perf match!

    Love from Holland!

    www.frunettte.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. Fab outfit, such a bold cheerful top! Hope you have a wonderful time in NYC... I'd love to go x

    janesjumbles.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love the shirt, so colorful, so summer :)

    New post on Taimemode (French blog):

    Béret Rouge (Red Béret)

    http://www.taimemode-fashionblog.com

    Merci Merci :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love the colors of your shirt :)

    Stop by sometime, xo Natalie
    lavagabonddame.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. Lovely colors on your top and your necklace is gorgeous! <3

    Much love! xx

    Cécile

    http://www.maxcebycecilej.com/

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh wow.. I love your style! I just found your blog and am totally following you now! I love the top with the sneaker wedges! Very cool, and I hope you have a lovely day! I would love if you could come and stop by my blog sometime! xx Pip
    Easy Outfits by Pip

    PLEASE JOIN MY AHAI SHOPPING GIVEAWAY FOR A CHANCE TO WIN $30 WORTH OF FREE CLOTHING!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love how bright your top is, cool sneakers too x

    ReplyDelete
  12. loving the bright floral :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Love the top!
    Great blog, so I'm a New follower on GFC and bloglovin =)

    ReplyDelete
  14. Your sneakers are soooo perfect!! :)

    Xo, Hannah

    sweetsweetnoir.net

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...